I got one of those self-perpetuating internet era chain letters today. But since it was my mom, i’ll go ahead and do it. However, i’m NOT going to pass it on to four other people. And hey – the message didn’t come with any warning saying i would die in 3 hours if i didn’t pass it on, so i think i’m safe.Without further ado, here are six quirky things about me that you may or may not know:
- I want to write a novel. Several of them actually. I’ve got lots of (what i think are) great ideas rattling around in my head. I was even going to do NANOWRIMO this year but apathy set in. Perhaps some day™ i’ll get around to it.
- I love to paint miniatures (dragons, drawves, elves, etc..) and build miniature dioramas. Life always seems to get in the way, and i’m lucky to squeeze in 3-4 hours a month. Click here to view some of my work.
- Annoying Habit: I often don’t give straight answers to questions. And usually it’s not that i’m trying to be obtuse. It’s just that there are many ways i could present the answer and i’m trying to figure out which is most precise. Ask my wife about this – she hates it.
- Back in my senior year of high school i took AP English. We had an assignment to read a novel by Charles Dickens. We read “Little Dorrit”. Or … we were supposed to. I never actually did. But I still have the book, it’s still sitting on my nightstand, and 18 years later, i’m STILL reading it (i actually do pick it up and read a chapter now and again … i even have two pages dedicated to it: Page 1, Page 2)
- I believe in the technological singularity. A few years ago people had no idea what i was talking about. Now, only most people don’t. Oh, and i even know when the end of the world (as we know it) is going to occur, but i won’t tell you. Muah ah ah hahaha!
- There’s nothing better than a cheesy vampire and/or zombie and/or martial arts movie.